2.08.2012

Thread Junkie

I am now an official thread junkie.

I have been doing a zig-zag stitch safety seam on all my dryer sachets.  This wasn't a big deal until I decided to list two dozen new fabrics for sachet duos and trios on my Etsy site (and to make enough stock of each to cover orders).  Then I saw exactly how much thread a zig-zag stitch can take.  So I went for it.

I headed down to JoAnne's (with a coupon, of course) and picked the Gutermann Polyester Sew-All Thread In Home Cabinet.  It literally looks like I have a sewing-store display propped in a corner near my machine. 

I have long favored Gutermann thread.  You just can't beat the Germans for quality.  Plus, the display totally appeals to the graphic designer in me.  The numbering system makes sense (the blues are all 200s, the purples all 900s) and I've got enough colors sitting there that I feel like I am matching thread off a Pantone board.

 Of course, I still need a huge spool of white for doing inside seams, and a large spool each of black and dark brown comes in handy.  Plus, people sometimes give me thread.  So I don't think I will be getting rid of my old thread rack.  Although, it does look a little empty right now, since some of what I had matched the slots for extra spools of thread in the Cabinet.

No comments: